Garlic mashed potatoes

Garlic mashed potatoes

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes With Rosemary.

Growing up, mashed potatoes were pretty basic—but deliciously basic. My mum always had a healthy balance of protein, veg, and carbs for our plates. Those carbs were usually in the form of mashed potatoes. She’d smash butter, milk, salt, and pepper into those taters and call it a day. And I don’t blame her. It was quick, easy, and delicious.
But after a few meals at bougie steak houses, I’ve grown to fall head over heels for the rich flavor of roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Add to it some warming and herbaceous rosemary, and you have mashed potatoes that taste like they’re meant for the cooler months.
I find that whisking the freshly chopped rosemary into the melted butter and bringing it to a simmer does wonders for flavor. Plus, who wants to bite into a raw rosemary sprig? (Nobody.)
For a healthier dose of creaminess, I skip the cream cheese and sour cream and opt for plain Greek yogurt. But you can use any of the three. I always have a tub of plain Greek yogurt on hand for things like this. The texture and tanginess is perfect for mashed potatoes.
If you have a food mill you could always run your boiled potatoes through it and then add your other ingredients prior to mixing. Or, add everything to your boiled potatoes and mash away until you get to your desired consistency. I do have a food mill, but I base my decision on whether or not I have the energy to clean an extra kitchen gadget after dinner ;)

Comments