- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and ground ginger. Stir in the pears, crystallized ginger and lime juice; set aside.
- Pour butter into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lime zest, salt and ginger. Stir in milk. Pour over butter (do not stir). Spoon pear mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.