- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup chopped habanero peppers
- 6 cups sugar
- Place vinegar and peppers in a blender; cover and puree. Add 2 cups sugar; blend well. Pour into a saucepan. Stir in the remaining sugar; bring to a boil. Strain mixture and return to pan. Stir in pectin and food coloring if desired. Return to a rolling boil over high heat. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Serve with cream cheese on crackers.